Alice tagged me for this meme, so I thought I would play along.
Questions and Answers
What were you doing five years ago?
June of 2003:
- Work for Northrop-Grumman, which was great at the time, as it was only a 12 minute commute to work on back roads and I was actually developing software. Over time, both the commute and the work would change, and not for the better.
- Clearing up my credit report after learning my ex-boyfriend from a few years earlier had taken out loans and opened accounts in my name. It was a big pain to clean up, though the fact that he still couldn’t spell my last name correctly after us being together for two years and never forged my signature the same way twice (even on the same form) did help matters. If you are looking for reasons why I might have trust issues, I present to you Exhibit A. Unfortunately, it is not the only exhibit.
- Working towards getting my initial certification to be a group fitness instructor through AAAI/ISMA. I got it that year, and the next year got my certification through ACE and worked at the Bel Air Athletic Club as an instructor for step classes and cycling classes. I do miss teaching and my fellow instructors at the club.
- Doing various tasks as vice-president of MAFA. I was VP for a two year term.
- Sing in shows that my friend Joe would put on at the Hippo. Most of my “repertoire” was country songs, mainly due to the fact that I am a baritone, and country is one of the few genres of music that still has baritones singing lead.
What are five things on your to-do list for today (not in any particular order)?
- Write a post
- Go to work
- Make a Midnight Mocha Pie in a Cafe au Lait Crust for a pot luck
- Work on my mother’s socks
- Kiss Mr. Penney
What are five snacks you enjoy?
- Cocktail peanuts
- Fresh baked cookies
- Potato chips
What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
- Stop working as a software engineer
- Travel the world with Mr. Penney
- Volunteer at UM Hospital for Children
- Work out more
- Spin, knit, weave, sew, and other fiber adventures
What are five of your bad habits?
What are five places where you have lived?
- Perry Hall, MD
- Fallston, MD
- Philadelphia, PA
- Forest Hill, MD
- Ellicott City, MD
What are five jobs you’ve had?
- Software engineer
- Group fitness instructor
- Produce clerk
- Teacher at a community college
Which five people do you want to tag?
If you want to play along, be my guest.
When I get my jet to travel I will invite you guys if you bring that pie.
Thanks for playing!
I certainly enjoy reading other peoples’ memes, not so much writing them. I thoroughly enjoyed reading yours. I was making some cashmere punis and your blog is the perfect little break for me.
Nice to know your identity is so well protected, no? I still remember my ex’s SSN, which would be bad if I were the sort to try to cause trouble. He was too busy cheating on me to be bothered to learn mine.
As soon as Amazon delivers my electric cattle prod, you can remove procrastinate from your list of bad habits.